Expert Rodent Control in Grand Rapids
Safe and Effective Rodent Removal Services in Michigan
Mice, chipmunks and other rodents are talented climbers and can fit into very small places. They will make themselves at home in your Central Michigan house, shed, barn, outbuilding, and even inside tractors and cars. It is in these places that mice not only cause a mess but create fire hazards by chewing through wiring and pack food stuffs and bedding in and around bare wires. Mice, rats and other rodents also carry diseases and bacteria, creating health risks for you, your pets or staff.
At Varmint Evictors, Inc., we understand how frustrating and unnerving a rodent infestation can be, which is why we offer fast, safe, and effective removal services to homes and businesses in Grand Rapids and throughout Central Michigan. With 24+ years of experience, we know how to offer service that goes above and beyond our customers’ expectations, and we work tirelessly to not only remove the rodents, but offer solutions to keep rodents from returning, keeping your property safe all year long.
To schedule your Grand Rapids rodent control service, call our team today at (989) 268-7666.
Rodent Species Found in Michigan
The average mouse can reproduce at just 50 days of age. Mice have litters year round, with the average gestation period being only 20 days and litter sizes range from 6 to 12. When the pups are born, they weigh from 0.5 to 1.5 grams, are hairless and have closed eyes and ears. It is because of this fast reproduction cycle that mice populations can grow to the hundreds in a very short time, causing what was thought to be a minor problem into a major infestation quickly.
Types of rodents in our area include:
- Common Mouse: Also know as the House Mouse, the Common Mouse although a wild animal usually lives around humans.
- White Footed Mouse: Grey to brownish body with white feet. Body is usually around 3.5 to 4.5 inches in length, with a tail of equal length.
- Meadow Jumping Mouse: Long hind legs and tail, great for jumping. Variations in color with a wide dark dorsal stripe.
- Woodland Jumping Mouse: Vary long hind legs and tail, capable of jumping 9 feet. Lives is wooded areas and near swamps.
- Brown Rat: Also known as the Common Rat, Hanover Rat, Norway Rat, or Norwegian Rat. Brown or Grey and around 10 inches in length.
- Southern Bog Lemming: Thick fur ranging from brown to red in color. Around 5 inches in length with a short tail of .75 inches.
- Cinereus Shrew: Also known as the Masked Shrew, is the most common and wide spread shrew in North America.
- Northern Short Tailed Shrew: Fur is black, brownish black or silver grey. Around 5 inches in length with a short tail.
- American Water Shrew: Lives around water and dives for food. Color ranges from black to light brown.
- Woodland Vole: Brown with a light or silvery underside. Small ears and tail and large head.
- Meadow Vole: Often called a Field Mouse. Active year round and often aggressive towards each other.
- Eastern Chipmunk: About 12 inches in length, reddish brown with five dark strips contrasted against light stripes down its back.
- Least Chipmunk: Ranging from 6 to 9 inches in length, with 5 dark strips and 4 light stripes on its back, and 2 light and 2 dark running from nose to ears.
No matter the rodent you are dealing with, our skilled and experienced Grand Rapids rodent control technicians can resolve your infestation fast. We are a fully certified and awarded team who works tirelessly in order to help you keep a safe, comfortable, and rodent-free home. No wildlife is too big or small for our Michigan technicians.
Don't let unwelcome wildlife visitors make a home in your property. Call Varmint Evictors, Inc. at (989) 268-7666 or fill out our online form to get in touch!
This is a family run business. They were super helpful, informative, and worked quickly. There is a 2 year warranty for his work which I appreciate. I enjoyed James and his son. Would definitely recommend them for anyone with a bat problem.- Stephanie L.
We had a bat in our house and my husband reached out to James and he was out within a few days. They inspected the house, made a plan and were out within a week to get everything taken care of! James is very professional and good at his job. I highly recommend this business if you experience varmint problems!- Jozzie A.
James was very professional really educated myself about the bats! I would definitely recommend him to anyone! He was very prompt! He not only came out and fixed the problem with the bats getting on my house but went above and beyond what was expected of him … He made several trips to ensure the job was done right!! Thank you so much for your time!!!!- Lisa Z.
Had Varmint Evictors take care of our bat problems a couple of years ago. Recently noticed some roosting evidence on outside and James was out the next day to inspect and make sure we didn't have any in the attic. Friendly, knowledgeable and responsive. Absolutely recommend!- Scott L.
I had Bats in my attic. Needed them removed and cleaned up. They came out inspected my attic. Made a plan. They got rid of the bats. Cleaned the attic. Removed all bad insulation. Replaced it. Start to finish did it all. I would highly recommend them.- Don W.
We had bats in our garage of our cottage and in the attic. I called James at varmint evictors and he was there within a day or two and took care of our problem. Within about a week our bats were gone and no more messes and no more noises. Thanks James! I would highly recommend your service to anybody.- Judi s.
What a relief it was to find someone who could take care of our wildlife problems. James & Gage were friendly, knowledgeable & efficient. I would highly recommend this company.- Elisabeth H.
Best critter control company in Grand Rapids, James is super informative, and educates his clients on different wildlife species and tips that can help you learn more about the animals. Thank you for your service you’re wonderful at what you do!- Elonda W.